The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)and the African Innovation Foundation (AIF) are delighted to announce the call for the 2013 Innovation Prize for Africa(IPA). As innovators/entrepreneurs are not highly profiled on development agenda, IPA acknowledges and encourages their endeavors. The prize honours and encourages innovative achievements that contribute toward developing new products, increasing efficiency or saving cost in Africa. The prize also promotes among young African men and women the pursuit of science, technology and engineering careers as well as business opportunities with potentials of contributing to sustainable development in Africa.
The aims are to:
- Mobilize leaders from all sectors to fuel African innovation,
- Promote innovation across Africa in key sectors of interest through the competition,
- Promote science, technology and engineering as rewarding, exciting and noble career options among the youth in Africa by profiling success applicants,
- Encourage entrepreneurs, innovators, funding bodies and business development service providers to exchange ideas and explore innovative business opportunities.
IPA anticipates contributing to the following outcomes:
- Increased commercialization of research and development (R&D) outputs in Africa
- Increased funding of start-ups, adoption of new and emerging technologies and accelerated growth of an innovative and dynamic private sector; and
- Increased economic activity and African led development that results in lasting impact.
For detailed information of competition categories, conditions of entry, and submission procedures, please visit:innovationPrizeForArica.org